Acne is caused by two main problems:
- Overactive oil glands, and
- Overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria
The solution, then, is:
The following treatments are used to solve the underlying causes of acne:
- Target oil glands and reduce sebum production
- Kill bacteria
- Silkpeel™ Dermalinfusion™ clarifying formula provides relief for the most sensitive, acne prone skin. It is formulated specifically for delivery with the silk peel dermalinfusion system, the clarifying formula combines salicylic acid and aloe to promote a clear complexion overall and improve the appearance of cystic and pustule acne.
- Chemical Peels are an alternative treatment for a variety of acne and acne scarring issues.
- Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing delivers an array of microbeams creating microscopic columns under the skin while leaving the surrounding tissue unaffected. The natural healing process allows new healthy skin tissue in the columns specifically targeted by the laser light. This results in smoother healthier looking natural skin.
Laser Scar Removal
Acne scars and surgical scars may be a cause of a person's emotional and or physical pain and affect their quality of life. In severe cases, scars can even limit a person's mobility.
Surgical scar removal procedures are painful and invasive and have a risk for complications. Laser scar removal provided by Oasis Skin Institute offers a noninvasive solution that uses fractional laser technology to deliver rapid, reliable scar removal with less risk, less pain and minimal downtime.
Our non-ablative fractional laser technology is the driving power behind our acne and surgical scar removal procedure. We use pulses of laser light to coagulate scar tissue and trigger healthy new tissue to form in clients' skin. Healing time is minimal, infection risk is eliminated and little to no pain is felt.
Laser scar removal with Palomar is appropriate for use on all skin types, making ours the preferred method of scar removal for excellent clinical outcomes.
How Laser Scar Removal Works
Laser scar removal for acne and surgical scars uses fractional laser light to create micro-columns of coagulated tissue that extend deep into the dermis without ablating the epidermis.
This triggers a wound-healing process that replaces the disorganized, compacted scar tissue with healthy new tissue, greatly diminishing the appearance of the scar tissue. Advanced Contact Cooling protects the epidermis, promoting safer, more comfortable treatments
Acne Laser Treatments and IPL Treatments for Smoother, Clearer Skin
Topical creams and oral medications can be effective treatments for acne outbreaks, but they can be expensive and can dry and irritate sensitive skin. What's more, acne that occurs on backs and chests can be difficult to treat topically because of the large surface area.
Treating acne with pulsed light can deliver better aesthetic results, especially on inflammatory acne, without the side effects associated with topical and oral acne medications. You can also treat scars resulting from acne outbreaks with fractional laser skin resurfacing.
Acne IPL treatments with Palomar® technology target and destroy the skin bacteria responsible for acne to help prevent future breakouts from occurring on faces, chests and backs. Our pulsed light technology delivers just the right amount of light in the right spot size for your treatment needs, while our Advanced Contact Cooling technology protects your skin.
A selection of oral medications, topical medications, supplements and skin care products are also available in our clinic or by medical prescription.
See also: Chemical Peels, Silkpeel™ Dermalinfusion™, Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing, Photofacials, IPL (Intense Pulse Light)